Nigerian held for possession of heroin remanded
Chennai: A Nigerian national arrested by
Narcotics Control Bureau for possession of heroin which he was
trying to courier to Australia and Holland has been remanded
to judicial custody.
NCB officials, acting on specific information,intercepted
Michael Odinnaka alias Michael Okeke, 35, at a courier booking
outlet in Erode on January 14, when he was trying to send two
parcels to Australia and Holland, the agency said.
Searches of the parcels revealed that it contained 380
grams of heroin, it said.
Investigations revealed the contraband was sourced from
Delhi as Okeke was working for a Delhi-based drug
NCB also picked up three other Nigerians found staying
without valid travel documents and handed them over to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'