Nigerian held for possession of heroin remanded
Chennai: A Nigerian national arrested by
Narcotics Control Bureau for possession of heroin which he was
trying to courier to Australia and Holland has been remanded
to judicial custody.
NCB officials, acting on specific information,intercepted
Michael Odinnaka alias Michael Okeke, 35, at a courier booking
outlet in Erode on January 14, when he was trying to send two
parcels to Australia and Holland, the agency said.
Searches of the parcels revealed that it contained 380
grams of heroin, it said.
Investigations revealed the contraband was sourced from
Delhi as Okeke was working for a Delhi-based drug
NCB also picked up three other Nigerians found staying
without valid travel documents and handed them over to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets