NIT-T to recruit 120 Assistant Professors
Tiruchirappalli (TN): The National Institute of Technology Tiruchi (NIT-T), which is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year, is to recruit 120 Assistant Professors for several undergraduate engineering departments, according to officials.
The Institute was now having 245 faculty members against the total sanctioned staff strength of 393.
It offered various post-graduate and doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, science, architecture, management, humanities, among others.
NIT-T Registrar G Swaminathan said requirement for staff had increased following implementation of 27 per cent OBC reservation due to which student strength had gone up.
The institute would also think about inducting assistant professors with minimum of M Tech qualification on contract basis.
According to officials, the vacancies are more in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and metallurgical and materials engineering department.
Keeping with the rule that the student-teacher ratio should be 1:12, 80 temporary faculty members with a monthly remuneration of Rs. 42,000 each to candidates with Ph.D and Rs. 35,000 for those with PG qualification would be appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say