NIT-T to recruit 120 Assistant Professors
Tiruchirappalli (TN): The National Institute of Technology Tiruchi (NIT-T), which is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year, is to recruit 120 Assistant Professors for several undergraduate engineering departments, according to officials.
The Institute was now having 245 faculty members against the total sanctioned staff strength of 393.
It offered various post-graduate and doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, science, architecture, management, humanities, among others.
NIT-T Registrar G Swaminathan said requirement for staff had increased following implementation of 27 per cent OBC reservation due to which student strength had gone up.
The institute would also think about inducting assistant professors with minimum of M Tech qualification on contract basis.
According to officials, the vacancies are more in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and metallurgical and materials engineering department.
Keeping with the rule that the student-teacher ratio should be 1:12, 80 temporary faculty members with a monthly remuneration of Rs. 42,000 each to candidates with Ph.D and Rs. 35,000 for those with PG qualification would be appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU