NIT-T to recruit 120 Assistant Professors
Tiruchirappalli (TN): The National Institute of Technology Tiruchi (NIT-T), which is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year, is to recruit 120 Assistant Professors for several undergraduate engineering departments, according to officials.
The Institute was now having 245 faculty members against the total sanctioned staff strength of 393.
It offered various post-graduate and doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, science, architecture, management, humanities, among others.
NIT-T Registrar G Swaminathan said requirement for staff had increased following implementation of 27 per cent OBC reservation due to which student strength had gone up.
The institute would also think about inducting assistant professors with minimum of M Tech qualification on contract basis.
According to officials, the vacancies are more in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and metallurgical and materials engineering department.
Keeping with the rule that the student-teacher ratio should be 1:12, 80 temporary faculty members with a monthly remuneration of Rs. 42,000 each to candidates with Ph.D and Rs. 35,000 for those with PG qualification would be appointed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory