NIT-T to recruit 120 Assistant Professors
Tiruchirappalli (TN): The National Institute of Technology Tiruchi (NIT-T), which is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year, is to recruit 120 Assistant Professors for several undergraduate engineering departments, according to officials.
The Institute was now having 245 faculty members against the total sanctioned staff strength of 393.
It offered various post-graduate and doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, science, architecture, management, humanities, among others.
NIT-T Registrar G Swaminathan said requirement for staff had increased following implementation of 27 per cent OBC reservation due to which student strength had gone up.
The institute would also think about inducting assistant professors with minimum of M Tech qualification on contract basis.
According to officials, the vacancies are more in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and metallurgical and materials engineering department.
Keeping with the rule that the student-teacher ratio should be 1:12, 80 temporary faculty members with a monthly remuneration of Rs. 42,000 each to candidates with Ph.D and Rs. 35,000 for those with PG qualification would be appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?