NIT-T to recruit 120 Assistant Professors
Tiruchirappalli (TN): The National Institute of Technology Tiruchi (NIT-T), which is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year, is to recruit 120 Assistant Professors for several undergraduate engineering departments, according to officials.
The Institute was now having 245 faculty members against the total sanctioned staff strength of 393.
It offered various post-graduate and doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, science, architecture, management, humanities, among others.
NIT-T Registrar G Swaminathan said requirement for staff had increased following implementation of 27 per cent OBC reservation due to which student strength had gone up.
The institute would also think about inducting assistant professors with minimum of M Tech qualification on contract basis.
According to officials, the vacancies are more in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and metallurgical and materials engineering department.
Keeping with the rule that the student-teacher ratio should be 1:12, 80 temporary faculty members with a monthly remuneration of Rs. 42,000 each to candidates with Ph.D and Rs. 35,000 for those with PG qualification would be appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you