No alliance matter was discussed with Azad, says Karuna
Chennai: Holding that senior Congress leader and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had paid a "friendly" visit to him last week, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Friday said the two had not spoken about the Dravidian leader`s recent statement ruling out alliance with the former ally.
Speaking to reporters here, Karunanidhi said it was usual of Azad to meet him whenever the Union minister visited Tamil Nadu and he had made a similar "friendly visit" last week also.
Asked if they discussed alliance and that if the DMK leader had conveyed to Azad that his party will have no alliance with Congress, he said, "He did not speak about that. Neither did he speak nor did I speak (about allince matters)," he said.
In his party`s December 15 General Council, Karunanidhi had ruled out aligning with the national party, months after it walked out of the UPA alliance over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
Karunanidhi welcomed the Centre`s proposal to increase the quota of subsidised cooking cylinders to 12 from 9 per household. "Isnt it good for people?" he asked.
Asked about his Madurai-based son M K Alagiri` supporters denying pasting certain controversial posters in that town, Karunanidhi said he was not aware what those posters were. He did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj