No alliance with Congress or BJP, says Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Friday clarified that he had announced at the party`s general council meeting that they will not align with the Congress or Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP).
Karunanidhi, addressing the party`s general council meeting on Sunday, had said that DMK will not have an alliance with either the Congress or the BJP.
He said in a statement issued here on Friday that despite his announcement to media, some supporters of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi or Congress` sympathisers were deliberately twisting his statement in favour of their respective parties.
As a party chief, it is saddening to read such news reports, Karunanidhi said in the statement. "It is also condemnable," he added.
He requested media to avoid writing such reports.
Karunanidhi told reporters that he cannot predict anything about the emergence of the Third Front, but is keenly watching the developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected