No alliance with Congress or BJP, says Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Friday clarified that he had announced at the party`s general council meeting that they will not align with the Congress or Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP).
Karunanidhi, addressing the party`s general council meeting on Sunday, had said that DMK will not have an alliance with either the Congress or the BJP.
He said in a statement issued here on Friday that despite his announcement to media, some supporters of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi or Congress` sympathisers were deliberately twisting his statement in favour of their respective parties.
As a party chief, it is saddening to read such news reports, Karunanidhi said in the statement. "It is also condemnable," he added.
He requested media to avoid writing such reports.
Karunanidhi told reporters that he cannot predict anything about the emergence of the Third Front, but is keenly watching the developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought