No alliance with Congress or BJP, says Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Friday clarified that he had announced at the party`s general council meeting that they will not align with the Congress or Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP).
Karunanidhi, addressing the party`s general council meeting on Sunday, had said that DMK will not have an alliance with either the Congress or the BJP.
He said in a statement issued here on Friday that despite his announcement to media, some supporters of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi or Congress` sympathisers were deliberately twisting his statement in favour of their respective parties.
As a party chief, it is saddening to read such news reports, Karunanidhi said in the statement. "It is also condemnable," he added.
He requested media to avoid writing such reports.
Karunanidhi told reporters that he cannot predict anything about the emergence of the Third Front, but is keenly watching the developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees