No democracy in DMK, alleges Alagiri
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: On a day when M Karunanidhi suspended his son MK Alagiri from the party, the latter has said that there is no democracy in the DMK.
62-year-old Alagiri, who is Karunanidhi`s elder son, was suspended for indiscipline, in what is being seen as the latest chapter in the political family fued.
A political struggle has been on between Alagiri and his younger brother MK Stalin for control of the party. Karunanidhi has already said that Stalin will succeed him.
Reacting to his suspension, Alagiri told an English news channel that there is no democracy in the DMK.
Alagiri said he had only demanded justice for his supporters who had been suspended for alleged anti-party activities. In return, the party has suspended me, he rued.
Alagiri went on to say that he suspects the DMK chief has been blackmailed by somebody.
On his next course of action, Alagiri said he would decide on the same after meeting his aides.
Karunanidhi, earlier in the day, said that the suspension of Alagiri will not affect the party.
Cracking the whip, the DMK today suspended Alagiri from all party posts and primary membership, telling him that his opposition to DMK-DMDK alliance is not going be taken lightly.
Asked if Alagiri will be replaced as DMK`s Organising Secretary (South), Karunanidhi said, "that post was created for him and no one else will be appointed."
In a major setback to Alagiri, DMK earlier this month dissolved the Madurai city district unit, area and ward units, dominated by Alagiri`s supporters, for violating party discipline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way