No going back on decision to boycott polls: Vaiko
Tirunelveli: MDMK leader Vaiko on Monday
said there was no going back on the party`s decision to
boycott the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls.
Upset over AIADMK`s "adamant attitude and ill-treatment",
MDMK had yesterday decided to quit the electoral battle after
the last minute efforts by the former to retain its
five-year-old ally in the alliance did not succeed.
AIADMK had offered 13 seats to MDMK while Vaiko said that
his party would accept nothing less than 21 seats.
Talking to his party workers here today, Vaiko said a
situation had emerged by which the party had been forced to
keep away from the elections and watch the politics.
However, he said, the party would "emerge as a third and
alternative force in Tamil Nadu in the coming years".
Meanwhile, Pon Radhakrishnan, BJP state president,
talking to reporters at Nagercoil, asked Vaiko to reconsider
"If Vaiko wished, he could join hands with the BJP to
fight the polls. We are ready to welcome him with love and
affection. But he has to decide whether to join hands with
us," Radhakrishnan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi