No help to Veerappan`s wife from any quarter, says her sister
Salem: Deceased brigand Veerappan`s wife
Muthulakshmi, now in a jail in Karnataka, was receiving
absolutely no help from any quarter after all her bail
applications were rejected, her sister claimed Wednesday.
"All her bail applications have been rejected, but no one
has come forward to help her. Human rights forums have
promised many things, but are not doing anything," her elder
sister Dhanam said.
Pointing out that five cases were still pending against
her, she said Muthulakshmi is very upset at not being allowed
to come out to attend the cases in court.
Police and jail authorities have refused permission to
anyone to meet her, expect her two daughters and the brigand`s
sister, she claimed.
The cases against her include one relating to the murder
of Karnataka Divisional forest officer Srinivasan several
years ago by the Veerappan gang.
Muthulakshmi`s elder daughter is doing English Liturature
course, while the younger one is studying in an engineering
college at Chennai. They meet their mother only during the
vacations, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway