No industrial development since Mamata came to power: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Hitting back at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee over her criticiam of UPA government`s policies, Union minister V Narayanasamy on Sunday alleged that no industrial activity has taken place in her state or jobs created since she came to power.
"After Mamata Banerjee came to power in West Bengal, there is no industrial development and no jobs were created. A state cannot remain like that.... The Centre cannot remain like that," the Minister of State in PMO told reporters at the airport here.
"Centre has to march forward for the purpose of fulfilling the wishes and aspirations of the people", Narayanasamy said on the eve of Trinamool Congress` demonstration in Delhi to protest the decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, an issue on which it has withdrawn support to the UPA.
Banerjee had alleged yesterday that "Looting is on in the name of aam admi and reforms".
"Reforms are meant to usher development for the people. Now-a-days, the trend is whenever any anti-people decision is taken, it is taken in the name of reforms," Banerjee had said in her post in Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem
- Huawei files lawsuits accusing Samsung of violating patents
- In Pakistan's Lahore, school attacked after teacher ''rapes'' student
- Israel's Lieberman agrees terms to join Netanyahu government - spokesman
- Greece starts moving migrants from squalid border camp