No key policy decisions in Governor`s address: Karunanidhi
Chennai (Tamil Nadu): DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday said the Governor`s address to Tamil Nadu Assembly on Friday lacked any key policy decisions and described it as a "compilation" of some announcements made by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in the last few days.
"Generally, it is said, the Governor`s address is precursor to the government`s key policy decisions and schemes for the year. But no such schemes were mentioned in the address," he said responding to a set of questions in party organ `Murasoli`.
He said there was "disappointment" among Cauvery Delta farmers over the absence of any relief package in the wake of the failure of monsoon and water crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video