No key policy decisions in Governor`s address: Karunanidhi
Chennai (Tamil Nadu): DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Saturday said the Governor`s address to Tamil Nadu Assembly on Friday lacked any key policy decisions and described it as a "compilation" of some announcements made by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in the last few days.
"Generally, it is said, the Governor`s address is precursor to the government`s key policy decisions and schemes for the year. But no such schemes were mentioned in the address," he said responding to a set of questions in party organ `Murasoli`.
He said there was "disappointment" among Cauvery Delta farmers over the absence of any relief package in the wake of the failure of monsoon and water crisis.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties