No official intimation about my expulsion, says Alagiri
Tiruchirapalli (TN): Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri today said he had not received any official communication from the party regarding his dismissal.
"Earlier, when Vaiko (MDMK Chief) was expelled, an official communication was sent to him. However, so far I have not received any official communication from the party informing me about my expulsion," Alagiri, son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, told reporters here.
When asked whether he would move the court as he had stated soon after the party`s decision, the former DMK South Zone Organising Secretary said he could not do so as there was no official intimation about his expulsion.
When asked about the prospects of DMK candidates, he shot back saying better ask them (DMK leaders).
Alagiri was expelled from DMK on March 25 as he continued with his bitter criticism of the party and its leadership, threatening to derail its prospects in the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says