No official intimation about my expulsion, says Alagiri
Tiruchirapalli (TN): Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri today said he had not received any official communication from the party regarding his dismissal.
"Earlier, when Vaiko (MDMK Chief) was expelled, an official communication was sent to him. However, so far I have not received any official communication from the party informing me about my expulsion," Alagiri, son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, told reporters here.
When asked whether he would move the court as he had stated soon after the party`s decision, the former DMK South Zone Organising Secretary said he could not do so as there was no official intimation about his expulsion.
When asked about the prospects of DMK candidates, he shot back saying better ask them (DMK leaders).
Alagiri was expelled from DMK on March 25 as he continued with his bitter criticism of the party and its leadership, threatening to derail its prospects in the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea