No political gloss in TESO meet: DMK
Chennai: To ensure that the pro-Eelam forum TESO conference, to be held on August remains apolitical, its founder and DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday directed his partymen to refrain from any activity that will give the meet a political gloss.
"It is strictly requested that party comrades or those from alliance parties should not carry (party) flags or portraits of leaders (of the particular outfits). No banners should be carried," the DMK leader said in a statement here.
This applied to the members of alliance parties also, it said.
Further, "it is categorically" mentioned that slogans about other parties should also be not raised, it added.
A once defunct organisation founded by him, Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) was revived by Karunanidhi recently and its first meet will be held here on Sunday with several leaders, including union ministers Sharad Pawar and Farooq Abdullah, besides some Sri Lankan Tamil leaders scheduled to participate in it.
Titled `Ealam Tamils Right Protection Conference`, the meet will discuss ways and means for betterment of Tamils in the island nation, Karunanidhi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand