No political gloss in TESO meet: DMK
Chennai: To ensure that the pro-Eelam forum TESO conference, to be held on August remains apolitical, its founder and DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday directed his partymen to refrain from any activity that will give the meet a political gloss.
"It is strictly requested that party comrades or those from alliance parties should not carry (party) flags or portraits of leaders (of the particular outfits). No banners should be carried," the DMK leader said in a statement here.
This applied to the members of alliance parties also, it said.
Further, "it is categorically" mentioned that slogans about other parties should also be not raised, it added.
A once defunct organisation founded by him, Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) was revived by Karunanidhi recently and its first meet will be held here on Sunday with several leaders, including union ministers Sharad Pawar and Farooq Abdullah, besides some Sri Lankan Tamil leaders scheduled to participate in it.
Titled `Ealam Tamils Right Protection Conference`, the meet will discuss ways and means for betterment of Tamils in the island nation, Karunanidhi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70
- Atlanta Healthcare introduces military grade anti-pollution masks
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training