No political gloss in TESO meet: DMK
Chennai: To ensure that the pro-Eelam forum TESO conference, to be held on August remains apolitical, its founder and DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday directed his partymen to refrain from any activity that will give the meet a political gloss.
"It is strictly requested that party comrades or those from alliance parties should not carry (party) flags or portraits of leaders (of the particular outfits). No banners should be carried," the DMK leader said in a statement here.
This applied to the members of alliance parties also, it said.
Further, "it is categorically" mentioned that slogans about other parties should also be not raised, it added.
A once defunct organisation founded by him, Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) was revived by Karunanidhi recently and its first meet will be held here on Sunday with several leaders, including union ministers Sharad Pawar and Farooq Abdullah, besides some Sri Lankan Tamil leaders scheduled to participate in it.
Titled `Ealam Tamils Right Protection Conference`, the meet will discuss ways and means for betterment of Tamils in the island nation, Karunanidhi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble