No political gloss in TESO meet: DMK
Chennai: To ensure that the pro-Eelam forum TESO conference, to be held on August remains apolitical, its founder and DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Thursday directed his partymen to refrain from any activity that will give the meet a political gloss.
"It is strictly requested that party comrades or those from alliance parties should not carry (party) flags or portraits of leaders (of the particular outfits). No banners should be carried," the DMK leader said in a statement here.
This applied to the members of alliance parties also, it said.
Further, "it is categorically" mentioned that slogans about other parties should also be not raised, it added.
A once defunct organisation founded by him, Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) was revived by Karunanidhi recently and its first meet will be held here on Sunday with several leaders, including union ministers Sharad Pawar and Farooq Abdullah, besides some Sri Lankan Tamil leaders scheduled to participate in it.
Titled `Ealam Tamils Right Protection Conference`, the meet will discuss ways and means for betterment of Tamils in the island nation, Karunanidhi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!