No possibility of alliance with DMK: BJP
New Delhi": A day after DMK ruled out an alliance with Congress, a senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu on Monday said his party is unlikely to have any truck with M Karunanidi`s party in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"There is no possibility of BJP allying with DMK. In fact, we are looking for a new alliance without AIADMK and DMK," BJP national executive member L Ganesan told reporters at a press conference here. "We are not holding any formal or indirect talks with DMK on the alliance issue," he added.
Welcoming DMK`s decision to keep away from Congress, he claimed that Congress would be further weakened in Tamil Nadu in the event of the party contesting elections without the support of DMK.
Tamil Nadu unit of BJP was not in favour of forging an alliance with DMK, Ganesan stressed. "Both BJP and DMK are not thinking of an alliance with each other. The alliance between the two parties is beyond imagination," he said.
Asked whether BJP high command could take a different view on the alliance issue, he said, "we would take a decision unitedly."
However, he stated that a few other parties including MDMK may ally with BJP for the elections. "MDMK leader Vaiko, last week, met our chief Rajnath Singh after BJP emerged victorious in assembly elections in four states. Few other parties may also be part of our alliance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore