No talks on alliance with DMDK for LS polls held: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi, who had welcomed a prospective alliance with DMDK for the Lok Sabha polls, on Thursday said no talks was held in this regard.
"No talks had been held; so there is no question of any improvement," he told reporters here when asked if there were any improvement in talks between the two parties.
Karunanidhi`s remarks come in the wake of reports in a section of media that DMK was holding alliance discussions with DMDK for the coming Lok Sabha polls.
Recently, the 90 year-old leader had welcomed the idea of the two parties striking an electoral tie-up and had even publicly rapped his Madurai-based son and former Union Minister M K Alagiri for opining against the alliance.
Alagiri`s younger brother M K Stalin is favourably disposed towards a DMK-DMDK tie-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan