Nobody has approached us: Jaya on Prez polls
Chennai: AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday said her party was yet to decide on the ensuing presidential polls and nobody had approached her so far on the issue.
"AIADMK has not taken a stand yet and no one has approached me with a proposal so far," she told reporters here while leaving for Delhi to attend the meeting on NCTC, chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
She said she was going to the national capital only to attend the conference and had "no other plans."
Jayalalithaa, among a set of non-congress Chief Ministers including Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal), Narendra Modi (Gujarat) and Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), is opposed to the controversial National Counter Terrorism Centre, claiming it is against the federal structure and have demanded that it be discussed separately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof