Nomination of TNCC president`s wife rejected
Chennai: Nomination of Jayanthi Thangkabalu,
wife of TNCC President K V Thangkabalu and Congress candidate for Mylapore constituency here for the April 13 assembly
polls, has been rejected as two important documents needed for
acceptance of her papers were not filed,official sources said.
Nomination of Thangkabalu, who had filed his papers as a
dummy for his wife, had been accepted, the sources said.
Independent candidate Sivakami, a Congress rebel, had
proved during scrutiny that Jayanthi had suppressed the facts
that she was the Managing Director of Mega TV, a Tamil
sattelite channel, and a criminal case was pending against
her, they said.
Thangkabalu later told reporters that Jayanthi would lodge
a complaint with Election Commission against the rejection of
"As of now, I am the candidate. Jayanthi had attached all
relevant documents, but two of them are missing. I do not
know how," he said.
Jayanthi`s nomination as Congress candidate had caused
heartburn among a section of partymen with some of them even
burning Thangakbalu`s effigy and staging a dharna in front of
his house here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested