Nomination of TNCC president`s wife rejected
Chennai: Nomination of Jayanthi Thangkabalu,
wife of TNCC President K V Thangkabalu and Congress candidate for Mylapore constituency here for the April 13 assembly
polls, has been rejected as two important documents needed for
acceptance of her papers were not filed,official sources said.
Nomination of Thangkabalu, who had filed his papers as a
dummy for his wife, had been accepted, the sources said.
Independent candidate Sivakami, a Congress rebel, had
proved during scrutiny that Jayanthi had suppressed the facts
that she was the Managing Director of Mega TV, a Tamil
sattelite channel, and a criminal case was pending against
her, they said.
Thangkabalu later told reporters that Jayanthi would lodge
a complaint with Election Commission against the rejection of
"As of now, I am the candidate. Jayanthi had attached all
relevant documents, but two of them are missing. I do not
know how," he said.
Jayanthi`s nomination as Congress candidate had caused
heartburn among a section of partymen with some of them even
burning Thangakbalu`s effigy and staging a dharna in front of
his house here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai