Nomination of TNCC president`s wife rejected
Chennai: Nomination of Jayanthi Thangkabalu,
wife of TNCC President K V Thangkabalu and Congress candidate for Mylapore constituency here for the April 13 assembly
polls, has been rejected as two important documents needed for
acceptance of her papers were not filed,official sources said.
Nomination of Thangkabalu, who had filed his papers as a
dummy for his wife, had been accepted, the sources said.
Independent candidate Sivakami, a Congress rebel, had
proved during scrutiny that Jayanthi had suppressed the facts
that she was the Managing Director of Mega TV, a Tamil
sattelite channel, and a criminal case was pending against
her, they said.
Thangkabalu later told reporters that Jayanthi would lodge
a complaint with Election Commission against the rejection of
"As of now, I am the candidate. Jayanthi had attached all
relevant documents, but two of them are missing. I do not
know how," he said.
Jayanthi`s nomination as Congress candidate had caused
heartburn among a section of partymen with some of them even
burning Thangakbalu`s effigy and staging a dharna in front of
his house here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back