Nomination papers of 12 candidates accepted after scrutiny
Chennai: Nomination papers of 12 candidates, including those from the AIADMK and the DMK, for the December 4 bypoll to the Yercaud (ST) Assembly constituency, were accepted after scrutiny on Monday.
Besides P Saroja (AIADMK) and V Maran (DMK), 10 Independents are in the fray, an official release said.
The last date for withdrawal of nominations is November 20, after which symbols will be allocated to Independent candidates.
The bypoll was necessitated following the death of sitting AIADMK MLA C Perumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach