‘Non-violence, Panchsheel highlights of India`s adherence to peace’
Puducherry: India has been championing the cause of peace from time immemorial and dissemination of message of non-violence and Panchsheel (principles of peaceful co-existence) were the chief highlights of the country`s adherence to peace, love and compassion, CPI national Secretary D Raja today said.
He was speaking at a three-day national conference of the `All India Peace and Solidarity Organisation`.
He said the theme of the conference was `struggle for a better India and a better world`.
All issues should be sorted out through dialogue and negotiations and no other mode could bear a lasting solution, he added.
CPI (M) leader Sitaram Yechury said there should be greater expenditure on food and elimination of poverty.
He stressed that AIPSO was an effective forum to play a role to ensure that foreign policy was implemented without deviation from its spirit and goals.
Inaugurating the conference, Puducherry Chief Minister N.Rangasamy said it was appropriate that the meet was held in the Union Territory known for maintaining peace and communal and religious harmony.
"...Stalwarts like Sri Aurobindo and thinkers like Subramania Bharathiar and Bharathidasan had enriched Puducherry by their contributions," he added.
More than 300 delegates from across the country participated in the deliberations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says