Normal traffic restored after rail mishap in TN
Chennai: Southern Railways Thursday announced restoration of normal traffic on the Arakkonam-Katpadi sector, where a Karnataka-bound train derailed on Wednesday leaving one person dead and 33 persons injured.
"Normal traffic (has been) restored in Arakkonam-Katpadi section," Southern Railways Senior PRO, M Boopathy, said.
However, the status of the cancelled trains would remain the same, he said.
"The railway track affected by the derailment of the Muzaffarpur ? Yesvantpur Express on Wednesday at Chitheri near Arakkonam has been restored at 10.30 hrs today. However, the trains which are already cancelled will remain cancelled due to operational reasons," Boopathy said in a statement.
One person was killed and 33 injured when 11 bogies of the train derailed at Sitheri, about 90 kms from here on Wednesday morning.
Southern Railways had cancelled several trains, including the Bangalore-bound Brindavan express, Duronto Express between Chennai-Coimbatore, Kovai Express and West Coast Express following the accident.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary