Normal traffic restored after rail mishap in TN
Chennai: Southern Railways Thursday announced restoration of normal traffic on the Arakkonam-Katpadi sector, where a Karnataka-bound train derailed on Wednesday leaving one person dead and 33 persons injured.
"Normal traffic (has been) restored in Arakkonam-Katpadi section," Southern Railways Senior PRO, M Boopathy, said.
However, the status of the cancelled trains would remain the same, he said.
"The railway track affected by the derailment of the Muzaffarpur ? Yesvantpur Express on Wednesday at Chitheri near Arakkonam has been restored at 10.30 hrs today. However, the trains which are already cancelled will remain cancelled due to operational reasons," Boopathy said in a statement.
One person was killed and 33 injured when 11 bogies of the train derailed at Sitheri, about 90 kms from here on Wednesday morning.
Southern Railways had cancelled several trains, including the Bangalore-bound Brindavan express, Duronto Express between Chennai-Coimbatore, Kovai Express and West Coast Express following the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP