Normal traffic restored after rail mishap in TN
Chennai: Southern Railways Thursday announced restoration of normal traffic on the Arakkonam-Katpadi sector, where a Karnataka-bound train derailed on Wednesday leaving one person dead and 33 persons injured.
"Normal traffic (has been) restored in Arakkonam-Katpadi section," Southern Railways Senior PRO, M Boopathy, said.
However, the status of the cancelled trains would remain the same, he said.
"The railway track affected by the derailment of the Muzaffarpur ? Yesvantpur Express on Wednesday at Chitheri near Arakkonam has been restored at 10.30 hrs today. However, the trains which are already cancelled will remain cancelled due to operational reasons," Boopathy said in a statement.
One person was killed and 33 injured when 11 bogies of the train derailed at Sitheri, about 90 kms from here on Wednesday morning.
Southern Railways had cancelled several trains, including the Bangalore-bound Brindavan express, Duronto Express between Chennai-Coimbatore, Kovai Express and West Coast Express following the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details