Normal traffic restored after rail mishap in TN
Chennai: Southern Railways Thursday announced restoration of normal traffic on the Arakkonam-Katpadi sector, where a Karnataka-bound train derailed on Wednesday leaving one person dead and 33 persons injured.
"Normal traffic (has been) restored in Arakkonam-Katpadi section," Southern Railways Senior PRO, M Boopathy, said.
However, the status of the cancelled trains would remain the same, he said.
"The railway track affected by the derailment of the Muzaffarpur ? Yesvantpur Express on Wednesday at Chitheri near Arakkonam has been restored at 10.30 hrs today. However, the trains which are already cancelled will remain cancelled due to operational reasons," Boopathy said in a statement.
One person was killed and 33 injured when 11 bogies of the train derailed at Sitheri, about 90 kms from here on Wednesday morning.
Southern Railways had cancelled several trains, including the Bangalore-bound Brindavan express, Duronto Express between Chennai-Coimbatore, Kovai Express and West Coast Express following the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional