Normal traffic restored after rail mishap in TN
Chennai: Southern Railways Thursday announced restoration of normal traffic on the Arakkonam-Katpadi sector, where a Karnataka-bound train derailed on Wednesday leaving one person dead and 33 persons injured.
"Normal traffic (has been) restored in Arakkonam-Katpadi section," Southern Railways Senior PRO, M Boopathy, said.
However, the status of the cancelled trains would remain the same, he said.
"The railway track affected by the derailment of the Muzaffarpur ? Yesvantpur Express on Wednesday at Chitheri near Arakkonam has been restored at 10.30 hrs today. However, the trains which are already cancelled will remain cancelled due to operational reasons," Boopathy said in a statement.
One person was killed and 33 injured when 11 bogies of the train derailed at Sitheri, about 90 kms from here on Wednesday morning.
Southern Railways had cancelled several trains, including the Bangalore-bound Brindavan express, Duronto Express between Chennai-Coimbatore, Kovai Express and West Coast Express following the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more