Now DMDK calls protest against petrol price
Chennai: Slamming the Centre and the Tamil Nadu Government over petrol price, actor Vijayakant-led DMDK, the principal opposition in the state assembly, will stage a demonstration at Tiruchirappalli on June 1.
In a statement here, Vijayakant said neither the Centre nor state government was willing to decrease various taxes imposed on petrol and said last week`s hike of Rs 7.50 would further burden the people who are "already suffering from hike of milk, bus fares and power tariff" imposed by state government.
In a statement here, he announced he would lead the protest against the "attitude of Centre and state government," regarding petrol pricing.
Ruling AIADMK has called for a protest on May 29 while the DMK the next day against the petrol price hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling