Now DMDK calls protest against petrol price
Chennai: Slamming the Centre and the Tamil Nadu Government over petrol price, actor Vijayakant-led DMDK, the principal opposition in the state assembly, will stage a demonstration at Tiruchirappalli on June 1.
In a statement here, Vijayakant said neither the Centre nor state government was willing to decrease various taxes imposed on petrol and said last week`s hike of Rs 7.50 would further burden the people who are "already suffering from hike of milk, bus fares and power tariff" imposed by state government.
In a statement here, he announced he would lead the protest against the "attitude of Centre and state government," regarding petrol pricing.
Ruling AIADMK has called for a protest on May 29 while the DMK the next day against the petrol price hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS