NPCIL ducking in providing reports on KNPP: PMANE
Madurai: A group spearheading the stir against the Kudankulam Nuclear Plant on Monday alleged that the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd had been "ducking" in providing some basic reports on the project to public in contravention of an order by Central Information Commissioner.
"NPCIL has been ducking and dodging in providing some basic reports on the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project...," People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE) coordinator Pushparayan said in a statement.
PMANE had been asking several questions about the design of the Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV) in KNPP, availability of sufficient fresh water for cooling and other purposes, among others, but none of the issues has been addressed in a "truthful, responsible, sensitive and sensible manner," he alleged.
Officials had recently said Indian nuclear engineers` quest for perfection is leading to delays in commissioning of the first unit of the KNPP which is now expected to start operating next month.
The plant was scheduled for commissioning in December 2011 but has been delayed following protests by locals citing safety concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender