NPCIL ducking in providing reports on KNPP: PMANE
Madurai: A group spearheading the stir against the Kudankulam Nuclear Plant on Monday alleged that the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd had been "ducking" in providing some basic reports on the project to public in contravention of an order by Central Information Commissioner.
"NPCIL has been ducking and dodging in providing some basic reports on the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project...," People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE) coordinator Pushparayan said in a statement.
PMANE had been asking several questions about the design of the Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV) in KNPP, availability of sufficient fresh water for cooling and other purposes, among others, but none of the issues has been addressed in a "truthful, responsible, sensitive and sensible manner," he alleged.
Officials had recently said Indian nuclear engineers` quest for perfection is leading to delays in commissioning of the first unit of the KNPP which is now expected to start operating next month.
The plant was scheduled for commissioning in December 2011 but has been delayed following protests by locals citing safety concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi