Nun seeks transfer of case to CBI or CB-CID
Tiruchirappalli(TN): A nun,who was allegedly
raped by a former college principal here in October last year,
has sought transfer of the case to CBI or CB-CID on the ground
that police are trying to tamper with the chargesheet.
In a petition to District Collector M Kasirajan and Police
Commissioner Vanniaperumal, she alleged that police had not
replied to her application for a copy of the chargesheet
against the former principal and five others (who reportedly
threatened her after she filed a complaint).
She alleged that efforts were on to make all the accused
escape and remove two names from it and prayed that this be
She contended that the accused were influential people and
that some police officials were trying to save the former
principal with the connivance of the Magistrate.
On Oct 12, police had registered a case against the former
principal of St Joseph`s Collge here under IPC sections for
raping and criminal intimidation.
The following day, the college management removed him from
The woman in her complaint had said the man used to visit
the college where she was pursuing graduation in music and
once invited her to his college. He had then drugged and raped
She had also alleged that he had recorded the incident on
his cellphone and threatened to make it public if she
disclosed the matter to anyone.
The woman claimed she was raped several times over a two
year period since 2006 and when she was pregnant in 2008, was
forced to undergo an abortion at a private hospital.
She alleged that he also threatened here with dire
consequences several times and sexually harassed her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi