Nun seeks transfer of case to CBI or CB-CID
Tiruchirappalli(TN): A nun,who was allegedly
raped by a former college principal here in October last year,
has sought transfer of the case to CBI or CB-CID on the ground
that police are trying to tamper with the chargesheet.
In a petition to District Collector M Kasirajan and Police
Commissioner Vanniaperumal, she alleged that police had not
replied to her application for a copy of the chargesheet
against the former principal and five others (who reportedly
threatened her after she filed a complaint).
She alleged that efforts were on to make all the accused
escape and remove two names from it and prayed that this be
She contended that the accused were influential people and
that some police officials were trying to save the former
principal with the connivance of the Magistrate.
On Oct 12, police had registered a case against the former
principal of St Joseph`s Collge here under IPC sections for
raping and criminal intimidation.
The following day, the college management removed him from
The woman in her complaint had said the man used to visit
the college where she was pursuing graduation in music and
once invited her to his college. He had then drugged and raped
She had also alleged that he had recorded the incident on
his cellphone and threatened to make it public if she
disclosed the matter to anyone.
The woman claimed she was raped several times over a two
year period since 2006 and when she was pregnant in 2008, was
forced to undergo an abortion at a private hospital.
She alleged that he also threatened here with dire
consequences several times and sexually harassed her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof