Official sentenced for accepting bribe in TN
Madurai: The Special Court for Prevention of Corruption has convicted a Deputy Director of Fire and Rescue services in a bribery case and sentenced him for three and a half years imprisonment, besides slapping a fine of Rs 11,000.
His assistant Durairaj was also sentenced to one year in the same case.
The case was that Deputy director of Fire Service Noorudin, who was suspended from service pending investigation before his retirement, had demanded a bribe of Rs 5000 from fireman Nagarajan for effecting transfer from Kallikudi Fire service station to Sivakasi on September 29, 2003.
He asked Nagarajan to handover the money to his assistant Durairaj. While accepting the money, Durairaj was arrested. After Durairaj confessed to the police that he was acting on the instructions of Noorudin, he was also arrested.
The Special Judge Mathurasekaran convicted both Noorudin and Durairaj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan