Officials begin inspections on illegally mined mineral sand
Tiruneveli: A team of officials on Thursday began separate inspections at 52 places in the district to ascertain the quantum of illegally mined mineral sand.
Officials said the team also comprises experts in geology, who would conduct a survey.
The team arrived in this district yesterday and had informal discussions on the method to carry out the inspection.
Asked what was the purpose of the inspection when a team led by Gagandeep Bedi, a senior IAS official had submitted his report, the officials said they should have a proper document before taking action against illegal sand miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'