Oil spill in 100 acres farmland after pipeline crack
Nagapattinam (TN): A pipeline carrying crude oil for refining developed cracks and spilt oil in about 100 acres of farmland in a village in the district, officials said.
They said people of Manjavadi village detected the leak after they found their farmlands flooded with oil.
The oil was being transported through pipeline from the Oil and Natural Gas Commission owned oil well at Adiyakkamangalam to Narimanam for refining, they said.
Officials said it was not clear whether the pipe had broken due to recent heavy rains or the soil becoming loose.
ONGC officials said the pipes might have got corroded due to the saline condition in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands