Oil spill in 100 acres farmland after pipeline crack
Nagapattinam (TN): A pipeline carrying crude oil for refining developed cracks and spilt oil in about 100 acres of farmland in a village in the district, officials said.
They said people of Manjavadi village detected the leak after they found their farmlands flooded with oil.
The oil was being transported through pipeline from the Oil and Natural Gas Commission owned oil well at Adiyakkamangalam to Narimanam for refining, they said.
Officials said it was not clear whether the pipe had broken due to recent heavy rains or the soil becoming loose.
ONGC officials said the pipes might have got corroded due to the saline condition in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state