Oil spill in 100 acres farmland after pipeline crack
Nagapattinam (TN): A pipeline carrying crude oil for refining developed cracks and spilt oil in about 100 acres of farmland in a village in the district, officials said.
They said people of Manjavadi village detected the leak after they found their farmlands flooded with oil.
The oil was being transported through pipeline from the Oil and Natural Gas Commission owned oil well at Adiyakkamangalam to Narimanam for refining, they said.
Officials said it was not clear whether the pipe had broken due to recent heavy rains or the soil becoming loose.
ONGC officials said the pipes might have got corroded due to the saline condition in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda