On Diwali eve, 30 feared killed, many injured in TN cracker fire
Chennai: Nearly 30 feared dead and several injured in a cracker shop fire accident on Friday night in Palipattu village in Thiruvallur district.
The cracker shop was functioning out of a godown located behind a rice mill and on the eve of Diwali many people were there buying crackers.
Suddenly fire started and gutted down the cracker shop killing nearly 30 and injuring several.
Two fire tenders doused the fire. The Pallipattu police are investigating.
The sources said the death toll could be much higher and
majority of the victims are believed to be from Andhra Pradesh
which is very close by.
They said seven charred bodies have been pulled out of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday