One drowns, 9 missing after boat capsizes mid-sea
Nagercoil: One person drowned while nine others were missing after the boat, in which they went for a joy-ride celebrating Easter, capsized mid-sea off Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, police said on Sunday.
The victims had put out to sea off Sothavilai village last night soon after resurrection of Jesus Christ was announced, police said.
Efforts were on to trace the missing persons, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing