One drowns, 9 missing after boat capsizes mid-sea
Nagercoil: One person drowned while nine others were missing after the boat, in which they went for a joy-ride celebrating Easter, capsized mid-sea off Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, police said on Sunday.
The victims had put out to sea off Sothavilai village last night soon after resurrection of Jesus Christ was announced, police said.
Efforts were on to trace the missing persons, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur