One drowns, 9 missing after boat capsizes mid-sea
Nagercoil: One person drowned while nine others were missing after the boat, in which they went for a joy-ride celebrating Easter, capsized mid-sea off Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, police said on Sunday.
The victims had put out to sea off Sothavilai village last night soon after resurrection of Jesus Christ was announced, police said.
Efforts were on to trace the missing persons, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed