One drowns, 9 missing after boat capsizes mid-sea
Nagercoil: One person drowned while nine others were missing after the boat, in which they went for a joy-ride celebrating Easter, capsized mid-sea off Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, police said on Sunday.
The victims had put out to sea off Sothavilai village last night soon after resurrection of Jesus Christ was announced, police said.
Efforts were on to trace the missing persons, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren