One held in connection with IUML activist`s murder
Kannur: One person has been arrested in
connection with the killing of an Indian Union Muslim League activist Abdul Shookur (28) during the recent clashes in and around politically-volatile Thaliparamba in Kannur district,
police said Thursday.
Ajitkumar (42) of Morazha in Kannur district was arrested
by the special squad that was constituted to nab the people involved in the attack on Shookur at Keezhara in the district on February 20, police said.
He was arrested from Kasargod district.
Thaliparamba and surrounding areas had witnessed political
clashes betweene CPI(M) and IUML activists in the last month.
Three CPI(M) leaders--Jayarajan, Kannur District CPI(M)
Secretary, T V Rajesh, MLA and another leader K Balakrishnan--were injured when stones were pelted at their
car at Thaliparamba last month, allegedly by league activists.
Shookur was hacked to death in the clashes.
Both UDF and LDF had also observed a 12-hour hartal in
Kannur district protesting the violence on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room