One injured in blast, 2 suspected trapped under debris
Sivakasi: A 45-year-old woman was injured and two were suspected to be trapped under the debris when three houses, including one where crackers were being made illegally, damaged following a blast on Thursday police said.
The blast brought the roof of the house down and damaged two neighbouring houses.
Police said Murugan, the owner of the house, was making crackers illegally in his house besides storing crackers there. The blast occurred due to friction of chemicals while makig crakcers. A fire also occurred after the blast and it was suspected to be due to leakage of gas from the LPG cylinder there.
The injured was identified as Sankareswari, wife of Murugan, and she had been admitted to hospital.
Murugan`s mother Muniammal and son Saravanan are believed to be trapped under the debris and fire service personnel were trying to rescue them.
Murugan was absconding after the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report