One injured in blast, 2 suspected trapped under debris
Sivakasi: A 45-year-old woman was injured and two were suspected to be trapped under the debris when three houses, including one where crackers were being made illegally, damaged following a blast on Thursday police said.
The blast brought the roof of the house down and damaged two neighbouring houses.
Police said Murugan, the owner of the house, was making crackers illegally in his house besides storing crackers there. The blast occurred due to friction of chemicals while makig crakcers. A fire also occurred after the blast and it was suspected to be due to leakage of gas from the LPG cylinder there.
The injured was identified as Sankareswari, wife of Murugan, and she had been admitted to hospital.
Murugan`s mother Muniammal and son Saravanan are believed to be trapped under the debris and fire service personnel were trying to rescue them.
Murugan was absconding after the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick