One injured in blast, 2 suspected trapped under debris
Sivakasi: A 45-year-old woman was injured and two were suspected to be trapped under the debris when three houses, including one where crackers were being made illegally, damaged following a blast on Thursday police said.
The blast brought the roof of the house down and damaged two neighbouring houses.
Police said Murugan, the owner of the house, was making crackers illegally in his house besides storing crackers there. The blast occurred due to friction of chemicals while makig crakcers. A fire also occurred after the blast and it was suspected to be due to leakage of gas from the LPG cylinder there.
The injured was identified as Sankareswari, wife of Murugan, and she had been admitted to hospital.
Murugan`s mother Muniammal and son Saravanan are believed to be trapped under the debris and fire service personnel were trying to rescue them.
Murugan was absconding after the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch