One injured in blast, 2 suspected trapped under debris
Sivakasi: A 45-year-old woman was injured and two were suspected to be trapped under the debris when three houses, including one where crackers were being made illegally, damaged following a blast on Thursday police said.
The blast brought the roof of the house down and damaged two neighbouring houses.
Police said Murugan, the owner of the house, was making crackers illegally in his house besides storing crackers there. The blast occurred due to friction of chemicals while makig crakcers. A fire also occurred after the blast and it was suspected to be due to leakage of gas from the LPG cylinder there.
The injured was identified as Sankareswari, wife of Murugan, and she had been admitted to hospital.
Murugan`s mother Muniammal and son Saravanan are believed to be trapped under the debris and fire service personnel were trying to rescue them.
Murugan was absconding after the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi