One more Alagiri aide detained under Goondas Act
Madurai: A close associate of Union Minister M
K Alagiri was on Thursday detained under the Goondas Act following a
series of complaints of extortion, criminal intimidation and
robbery against him, police said.
`Attack` Pandi is the second close associate of Alagiri to
be detained under the Act after `Pottu` Suresh, personal
assistant (political) to the DMK leader, was also booked on
land grabbing charges.
Pandi is already in prison in connection with a land
Police said they had received some more complaints of
extortion and criminal intimidation against Pandi after his
imprisonment, forcing them to detain him under Goondas Act.
Cases had been registered against him under sections
506(2) (Criminal intimidation), and 320 (Grievous hurt) of the
IPC, they said.
Pandi is also one of the accused in the Dinakaran newspaper
office attack case, which left three persons dead, they said.
Three employees of Dinakaran, a Tamil daily, lost their
lives in the attack on the office on May 9, 2007 following the
publication of a survey that gave an edge to former Deputy
Chief Minister and Karunanidhi`s son M K Stalin over his
brother Alagiri to succeed their father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!