One more Alagiri aide detained under Goondas Act
Madurai: A close associate of Union Minister M
K Alagiri was on Thursday detained under the Goondas Act following a
series of complaints of extortion, criminal intimidation and
robbery against him, police said.
`Attack` Pandi is the second close associate of Alagiri to
be detained under the Act after `Pottu` Suresh, personal
assistant (political) to the DMK leader, was also booked on
land grabbing charges.
Pandi is already in prison in connection with a land
Police said they had received some more complaints of
extortion and criminal intimidation against Pandi after his
imprisonment, forcing them to detain him under Goondas Act.
Cases had been registered against him under sections
506(2) (Criminal intimidation), and 320 (Grievous hurt) of the
IPC, they said.
Pandi is also one of the accused in the Dinakaran newspaper
office attack case, which left three persons dead, they said.
Three employees of Dinakaran, a Tamil daily, lost their
lives in the attack on the office on May 9, 2007 following the
publication of a survey that gave an edge to former Deputy
Chief Minister and Karunanidhi`s son M K Stalin over his
brother Alagiri to succeed their father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy