One succumbs to burns in cracker unit fire
Virudhunagar: A 70-year-old man died and three persons were injured in a fire which broke out in a cracker unit at Vellore near here,police said on friday.
Dharmalinga Raja(70) succumbed to burns at the Government Rajaji hospital at Madurai today, police said.
The condition of three injured was stated be serious.
The fire broke out at the unit yesterday when the workers were stacking "dried fireworks sticks".
The friction while stacking caused the fire, police said.
The unit owner Azhagesan and foreman Muthiah,against whom police have registered a case,are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi