One succumbs to burns in cracker unit fire
Virudhunagar: A 70-year-old man died and three persons were injured in a fire which broke out in a cracker unit at Vellore near here,police said on friday.
Dharmalinga Raja(70) succumbed to burns at the Government Rajaji hospital at Madurai today, police said.
The condition of three injured was stated be serious.
The fire broke out at the unit yesterday when the workers were stacking "dried fireworks sticks".
The friction while stacking caused the fire, police said.
The unit owner Azhagesan and foreman Muthiah,against whom police have registered a case,are absconding, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference