One succumbs to burns in cracker unit fire
Virudhunagar: A 70-year-old man died and three persons were injured in a fire which broke out in a cracker unit at Vellore near here,police said on friday.
Dharmalinga Raja(70) succumbed to burns at the Government Rajaji hospital at Madurai today, police said.
The condition of three injured was stated be serious.
The fire broke out at the unit yesterday when the workers were stacking "dried fireworks sticks".
The friction while stacking caused the fire, police said.
The unit owner Azhagesan and foreman Muthiah,against whom police have registered a case,are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’