One succumbs to burns in cracker unit fire
Virudhunagar: A 70-year-old man died and three persons were injured in a fire which broke out in a cracker unit at Vellore near here,police said on friday.
Dharmalinga Raja(70) succumbed to burns at the Government Rajaji hospital at Madurai today, police said.
The condition of three injured was stated be serious.
The fire broke out at the unit yesterday when the workers were stacking "dried fireworks sticks".
The friction while stacking caused the fire, police said.
The unit owner Azhagesan and foreman Muthiah,against whom police have registered a case,are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'