Opposition DMK members evicted from Assembly
Chennai: Opposition DMK was today evicted en
masse from the floor of the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a
heated exchange of words with arch rival AIADMK.
The problem started after Housing and Urban Development
Minister R Vaithilingam levelled some charges against the DMK
while it was in power.
Taking strong exception to a word used by him, DMK members
were up on their feet demanding that Speaker D Jayakumar
expunge the remarks.
The Speaker did not oblige and directed the MLAs to resume
their seats which the latter did not pay heed to.
Susbequently, he ordered the Marshals to evict all the DMK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi