Opposition DMK members evicted from Assembly
Chennai: Opposition DMK was today evicted en
masse from the floor of the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a
heated exchange of words with arch rival AIADMK.
The problem started after Housing and Urban Development
Minister R Vaithilingam levelled some charges against the DMK
while it was in power.
Taking strong exception to a word used by him, DMK members
were up on their feet demanding that Speaker D Jayakumar
expunge the remarks.
The Speaker did not oblige and directed the MLAs to resume
their seats which the latter did not pay heed to.
Susbequently, he ordered the Marshals to evict all the DMK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach