Opposition DMK members evicted from TN Assembly
Chennai: The Opposition DMK was evicted en
masse from the floor of the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a
heated exchange of words with arch rival AIADMK.
The problem started after Housing and Urban Development
Minister R Vaithilingam levelled some charges against the DMK
while it was in power.
Taking strong exception to a word used by him, DMK members
were up on their feet demanding that Speaker D Jayakumar
expunge the remarks.
The Speaker did not oblige and directed the MLAs to resume
their seats which the latter did not pay heed to.
Susbequently, he ordered the Marshals to evict all the DMK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt