Over 100 students fall sick after eating midday meal in Tamil Nadu
Perambalur: Hundred and twenty students of a government school in the district were hospitalised on Monday after they started vomiting and complained of drowsiness on eating food, in which a dead lizard was reportedly found, provided under midday meal scheme, police said.
The children of the school in Kunnam ate the lunch at around 12.30 pm and soon started vomiting and felt drowsy, following which they were rushed to hospital at Ariyalur.
All of them were treated as outpatients and discharged, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air