Over 1000 activists arrested in C’BE, Nilgiris
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 workers of various
trade unions were taken into custody on Tuesday, when they
attempted to stage picketing in various parts of the district,
to protest price rise, among other things.
While 480 workers, belonging to AITUC, CITU, BMS and
other trade unions, were taken into custody near Central Bus
Stand in the city, nearly 600 were arrested from Sulur,
Periyanaickenpalayam and Valparai in rural areas,police said.
Nearly 100 activists were arrested in Coonoor in
Nilgiris district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj