Over 1000 activists arrested in C’BE, Nilgiris
Coimbatore: Over 1,000 workers of various
trade unions were taken into custody on Tuesday, when they
attempted to stage picketing in various parts of the district,
to protest price rise, among other things.
While 480 workers, belonging to AITUC, CITU, BMS and
other trade unions, were taken into custody near Central Bus
Stand in the city, nearly 600 were arrested from Sulur,
Periyanaickenpalayam and Valparai in rural areas,police said.
Nearly 100 activists were arrested in Coonoor in
Nilgiris district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'