Over 1,000 DMDK workers held in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: About 1,000 DMDK workers were arrested at two places in the district when they attempted to stage demonstration protesting against Tamil Nadu Government for allegedly foisting false cases against its president Vijayakanth.
According to police, 200 workers were arrested in Periyanaickenpalayam for assembling and raising slogans against the Government, while nearly 800 workers taken into custody near Pollachi, led by MLA, P Dinakaran.
The workers raised slogans against the Government and alleged that without any reason Vijayakanth was targeted, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed