Over 1,000 DMDK workers held in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: About 1,000 DMDK workers were arrested at two places in the district when they attempted to stage demonstration protesting against Tamil Nadu Government for allegedly foisting false cases against its president Vijayakanth.
According to police, 200 workers were arrested in Periyanaickenpalayam for assembling and raising slogans against the Government, while nearly 800 workers taken into custody near Pollachi, led by MLA, P Dinakaran.
The workers raised slogans against the Government and alleged that without any reason Vijayakanth was targeted, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley