Over 1,000 DMDK workers held in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: About 1,000 DMDK workers were arrested at two places in the district when they attempted to stage demonstration protesting against Tamil Nadu Government for allegedly foisting false cases against its president Vijayakanth.
According to police, 200 workers were arrested in Periyanaickenpalayam for assembling and raising slogans against the Government, while nearly 800 workers taken into custody near Pollachi, led by MLA, P Dinakaran.
The workers raised slogans against the Government and alleged that without any reason Vijayakanth was targeted, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!