Over 1,000 DMDK workers held in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: About 1,000 DMDK workers were arrested at two places in the district when they attempted to stage demonstration protesting against Tamil Nadu Government for allegedly foisting false cases against its president Vijayakanth.
According to police, 200 workers were arrested in Periyanaickenpalayam for assembling and raising slogans against the Government, while nearly 800 workers taken into custody near Pollachi, led by MLA, P Dinakaran.
The workers raised slogans against the Government and alleged that without any reason Vijayakanth was targeted, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!