Over 1,000 DMDK workers held in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: About 1,000 DMDK workers were arrested at two places in the district when they attempted to stage demonstration protesting against Tamil Nadu Government for allegedly foisting false cases against its president Vijayakanth.
According to police, 200 workers were arrested in Periyanaickenpalayam for assembling and raising slogans against the Government, while nearly 800 workers taken into custody near Pollachi, led by MLA, P Dinakaran.
The workers raised slogans against the Government and alleged that without any reason Vijayakanth was targeted, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?