Over 13 lakh cases settled in TN during Lok Adalat
Kumbakonam: More than 13 lakh cases were resolved and Rs 1,041 crores settled in the recent Lok Adalat held in the state, Madras High Court Judge M Jaichandren said here on Saturday.
In Thanjavur district alone, a total of 25,284 cases were resolved and Rs 34 crores settled during the nation-wide drive held last week to clear pending cases, he said in his key-note address at the Law Day celebrations here organised by the Kumbakonam Bar Association.
Justice Jaichandren and his colleague Justice S Nagamuthu were the chief guest at the function presided over by Thanjavur District Judge R Sethumadhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!