Over 13 lakh cases settled in TN during Lok Adalat
Kumbakonam: More than 13 lakh cases were resolved and Rs 1,041 crores settled in the recent Lok Adalat held in the state, Madras High Court Judge M Jaichandren said here on Saturday.
In Thanjavur district alone, a total of 25,284 cases were resolved and Rs 34 crores settled during the nation-wide drive held last week to clear pending cases, he said in his key-note address at the Law Day celebrations here organised by the Kumbakonam Bar Association.
Justice Jaichandren and his colleague Justice S Nagamuthu were the chief guest at the function presided over by Thanjavur District Judge R Sethumadhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw