Over 13 lakh cases settled in TN during Lok Adalat
Kumbakonam: More than 13 lakh cases were resolved and Rs 1,041 crores settled in the recent Lok Adalat held in the state, Madras High Court Judge M Jaichandren said here on Saturday.
In Thanjavur district alone, a total of 25,284 cases were resolved and Rs 34 crores settled during the nation-wide drive held last week to clear pending cases, he said in his key-note address at the Law Day celebrations here organised by the Kumbakonam Bar Association.
Justice Jaichandren and his colleague Justice S Nagamuthu were the chief guest at the function presided over by Thanjavur District Judge R Sethumadhavan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured