Over 500 detained in storming operation
Chennai: Over 500 persons have been detained on various charges during a storming operation in the city, police said.
A total of 514 persons were detained on Saturday night on various charges under CrPC (Criminal Procedure Code Act), including those issued Non-Bailable Warrants and also for drunken driving among others, a police department release said.
The operation was conducted by special police teams across vital parts of the city, as per orders of Greater City Police Commissioner S George, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD