Over 66,000 crore sanctioned for SC/STs this year: Vasan
Salem: Centre has sanctioned RS 66,159 crore for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes this year, Shipping Minister GK Vasan has said.
This was 14 per cent more than last year, he said, unveiling a life size statue of Dr B R Ambedkar at Pachanampatty village in the district last night.
Former Lok Sabha MP K Kandaswamy presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery