Over 79,000 engg seats remain vacant in TN last year
Chennai: Over 79,000 seats in engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu remained unfilled in the last academic year, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
Of the total capacity of 2,62,164 seats in engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu, only 1,82,493 were filled in the last academic year, Higher Education Minister P Palaniappan said while replying to requests from many members to open new engineering colleges in their constituencies.
The 79,671 vacant seats include 55,055 government and 23,681 management quota seats.
Tamil Nadu has 553 engineering colleges, including seven government, three government-aided, 523 self-financed and 18 Anna University constituent colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth