Over 79,000 engg seats remain vacant in TN last year
Chennai: Over 79,000 seats in engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu remained unfilled in the last academic year, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
Of the total capacity of 2,62,164 seats in engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu, only 1,82,493 were filled in the last academic year, Higher Education Minister P Palaniappan said while replying to requests from many members to open new engineering colleges in their constituencies.
The 79,671 vacant seats include 55,055 government and 23,681 management quota seats.
Tamil Nadu has 553 engineering colleges, including seven government, three government-aided, 523 self-financed and 18 Anna University constituent colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video