Over 79,000 engg seats remain vacant in TN last year
Chennai: Over 79,000 seats in engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu remained unfilled in the last academic year, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
Of the total capacity of 2,62,164 seats in engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu, only 1,82,493 were filled in the last academic year, Higher Education Minister P Palaniappan said while replying to requests from many members to open new engineering colleges in their constituencies.
The 79,671 vacant seats include 55,055 government and 23,681 management quota seats.
Tamil Nadu has 553 engineering colleges, including seven government, three government-aided, 523 self-financed and 18 Anna University constituent colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum