Over 80 DMK workers hospitalised due to food poisoning
Erode: Eighty two DMK members were admitted to the Erode Government Hospital with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed `chicken briyani` at a party meeting here, police said on Monday.
The meeting was organised by DMK district secretary and former minister N K K P Raja yesterday in connection with organisational polls in the district.
The chicken delicacy was served after the meeting was over and some of those who consumed it later started vomiting and fainted, sources said.
Hospital sources said food poisoning was the main cause of the incident, adding, while four women were discharged early today, the rest were discharged last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India