Over 80 DMK workers hospitalised due to food poisoning
Erode: Eighty two DMK members were admitted to the Erode Government Hospital with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed `chicken briyani` at a party meeting here, police said on Monday.
The meeting was organised by DMK district secretary and former minister N K K P Raja yesterday in connection with organisational polls in the district.
The chicken delicacy was served after the meeting was over and some of those who consumed it later started vomiting and fainted, sources said.
Hospital sources said food poisoning was the main cause of the incident, adding, while four women were discharged early today, the rest were discharged last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US