`Over-confidence cost us in TN Assembly polls`
Kanchipuram: Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) founder Dr S Ramadoss attributed the failure of the party in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections to the "arrogance
and lethargy" of the party workers.
Party organisers had been "over confident" and took success
for granted, he said at the Integrated West and South
districts` working committee here yesterday.
They had not fulfilled their commitment of adding 20 new
young members to the party per each ward, he said, observing
it was the failure to infuse young blood that had caused the
party the election, in which it had won only three of the 30
constituencies it had contested.
Ramadoss voiced stern opposition to the distribution of
freebies to the voting public and lashed out at both the
Dravidian parties for having "swamped the state in
Only agriculture inputs, health and education should be
given freely, he said, adding it was the "height of
degradation" where governments undertook the running of the
bars, but left the Education sector to the Industry.
On the controversial uniform education system (Samacheer
Kalvi), he said he himself had dubbed the system which his
ally DMK spawned, as "samarasacheer" (a compromise in
The PMK founder said the DMK government itself had not
fully implemented in spirit the proposals of the Muthukumaran
committee on a uniform education system. "This (AIADMK)
government has abandoned even this half baked (proposal)," he
said, and warned the PMK would take to the streets if
Samacheer Kalvi was not implemented in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'