Over Rs 900 cr for infrastructure projects in TN
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday allocated over Rs 900 crore for various infrastructure projects in different parts of the state.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa sanctioned Rs 750 crore for Municipal corporations, excluding Chennai, municipalities and other local bodies for 2012-13 towards Integrated Urban Development scheme for implementing basic amenities, a state government press release here said.
Further, many schemes with assistance from Japan and Germany, besides the Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) were being implemented by local bodies, it said.
Jayalalithaa also granted administrative approval of Rs 166.38 crore for five local bodies towards construction of underground drainage system, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana