Over Rs 900 cr for infrastructure projects in TN
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday allocated over Rs 900 crore for various infrastructure projects in different parts of the state.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa sanctioned Rs 750 crore for Municipal corporations, excluding Chennai, municipalities and other local bodies for 2012-13 towards Integrated Urban Development scheme for implementing basic amenities, a state government press release here said.
Further, many schemes with assistance from Japan and Germany, besides the Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) were being implemented by local bodies, it said.
Jayalalithaa also granted administrative approval of Rs 166.38 crore for five local bodies towards construction of underground drainage system, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video