Over Rs 900 cr for infrastructure projects in TN
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday allocated over Rs 900 crore for various infrastructure projects in different parts of the state.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa sanctioned Rs 750 crore for Municipal corporations, excluding Chennai, municipalities and other local bodies for 2012-13 towards Integrated Urban Development scheme for implementing basic amenities, a state government press release here said.
Further, many schemes with assistance from Japan and Germany, besides the Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) were being implemented by local bodies, it said.
Jayalalithaa also granted administrative approval of Rs 166.38 crore for five local bodies towards construction of underground drainage system, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case