Pamba issue: Vaiko observes fast against Kerala move
Coimbatore: About 1800 MDMK workers led by party
chief Vaiko observed a one-day fast here on Monday protesting
against the proposed move by Kerala government to construct a
dam across the Pamba, a tributary of Amaravathy river.
Some AIADMK workers also joined the protest held at
Udumalpet in nearby Tirupur district.
Earlier, Vaiko told reporters that the proposed dam would
deprive water for cultivation in 20,000 hectares of land in
Tamil Nadu and also drinking water, adversely affecting the
farming community and common man in the region.
He said if Kerala government went ahead with its move,
there was no other option but to block all roads leading to
that State from Tamil Nadu, through which many essential
commodities were being supplied.
Both the Centre and State governments were neglecting the
issue, he alleged.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof