Panel examining possibility of stipend to new lawyers
Chennai: The Parliamentary Standing
Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice is
looking into the possibility of providing stipends to young
people pursuing law, its chairperson Jayanthi Natarajan said
The committee was already studying the conditions
under which young lawyers were working, she said at a function
organised at the high court premises here to enroll new
members to the bar.
Lawyers had a very special place in the country`s
democratic set-up, she said and asked them to protect the
interests of their clients and uphold the dignity of law.
"You must always remember your duty to your country,
client and profession," she said and asked lawyers to apply
the latest technological advancements in their profession.
In all 930 law graduates enrolled as advocates today
in two batches.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader