Panic after smoke noticed on Kochi-Mumbai flight
Kochi: Air India`s Kochi-Mumbai flight
aborted takeoff after smoke was detected from an engine on Friday.
Air traffic control tower personnel noticed the left
side of the engine emitting smoke abnormally and alerted the
pilot, airport sources said.
The smoke was detected in the Auxiliary Power Unit and
engineers rectified the "very minor snag", Air India sources
The plane was towed to the aircraft base for
inspection and rectification of the snag after which it
resumed its onward journey to Mumbai.
None of the 150 passengers and six crew members were
asked to disembark from the flight AI 687, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire