Panic after smoke noticed on Kochi-Mumbai flight
Kochi: Air India`s Kochi-Mumbai flight
aborted takeoff after smoke was detected from an engine on Friday.
Air traffic control tower personnel noticed the left
side of the engine emitting smoke abnormally and alerted the
pilot, airport sources said.
The smoke was detected in the Auxiliary Power Unit and
engineers rectified the "very minor snag", Air India sources
The plane was towed to the aircraft base for
inspection and rectification of the snag after which it
resumed its onward journey to Mumbai.
None of the 150 passengers and six crew members were
asked to disembark from the flight AI 687, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!