Parents arrested for helping son to `abduct` minor girl in TN
Udhgamandalam: Parents of a 20-year old man were arrested on tuesday for allegedly helping their son to abduct a minor girl and marrying her a month ago.
The 17-year old girl`s father had lodged a police complaint that one Stanley had abducted her daughter on August 29 and taken her to his house. When approached, the parents of Stalin assured to restore the girl to him, but failed to do so.
Acting on the complaint lodged a week ago, police arrested Williams and his wife Esvida. They were produced before a cout which remanded them to judicial custody, police said.
The whereabouts of the man and the girl was yet to be ascertained, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral