Parents arrested for helping son to `abduct` minor girl in TN
Udhgamandalam: Parents of a 20-year old man were arrested on tuesday for allegedly helping their son to abduct a minor girl and marrying her a month ago.
The 17-year old girl`s father had lodged a police complaint that one Stanley had abducted her daughter on August 29 and taken her to his house. When approached, the parents of Stalin assured to restore the girl to him, but failed to do so.
Acting on the complaint lodged a week ago, police arrested Williams and his wife Esvida. They were produced before a cout which remanded them to judicial custody, police said.
The whereabouts of the man and the girl was yet to be ascertained, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert