Passenger falls from speeding train in TN; survives
Manaparai: A 34-year-old man had a miraculous escape when he fell out of a speeding Chennai-bound express train near here after dozing off while sitting at the doorway of a crowded coach, police said on Tuesday.
Prakash, who works as a driver in Chennai, was returning from his hometown by the Kanyakumari Express when the incident happened in the wee hours yesterday as the train sped past this town, about 40 kms from Tiruchirappalli.
Rescue teams, who were alerted by the train guard, found him alive with cut injuries and lying in a bush 100 feet away from the track between Manaparai and Samuthiram stations at 3.45 AM, about three hours after the incident.
He was rushed to a government hospital where doctors who examined him said his injuries were not serious.
Prakash later said he sat near the door as the train was overcrowded.
"After I fell, I felt that I was seriously injured...And I would die. I kept crying for help...Till I was overcome by tiredness and thirst...After three hours the rescue team noticed me and I waved my hands...It was a miraculous escape and unforgettable life-time experience," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!