Passenger falls from speeding train in TN; survives
Manaparai: A 34-year-old man had a miraculous escape when he fell out of a speeding Chennai-bound express train near here after dozing off while sitting at the doorway of a crowded coach, police said on Tuesday.
Prakash, who works as a driver in Chennai, was returning from his hometown by the Kanyakumari Express when the incident happened in the wee hours yesterday as the train sped past this town, about 40 kms from Tiruchirappalli.
Rescue teams, who were alerted by the train guard, found him alive with cut injuries and lying in a bush 100 feet away from the track between Manaparai and Samuthiram stations at 3.45 AM, about three hours after the incident.
He was rushed to a government hospital where doctors who examined him said his injuries were not serious.
Prakash later said he sat near the door as the train was overcrowded.
"After I fell, I felt that I was seriously injured...And I would die. I kept crying for help...Till I was overcome by tiredness and thirst...After three hours the rescue team noticed me and I waved my hands...It was a miraculous escape and unforgettable life-time experience," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?