Passenger falls from speeding train in TN; survives
Manaparai: A 34-year-old man had a miraculous escape when he fell out of a speeding Chennai-bound express train near here after dozing off while sitting at the doorway of a crowded coach, police said on Tuesday.
Prakash, who works as a driver in Chennai, was returning from his hometown by the Kanyakumari Express when the incident happened in the wee hours yesterday as the train sped past this town, about 40 kms from Tiruchirappalli.
Rescue teams, who were alerted by the train guard, found him alive with cut injuries and lying in a bush 100 feet away from the track between Manaparai and Samuthiram stations at 3.45 AM, about three hours after the incident.
He was rushed to a government hospital where doctors who examined him said his injuries were not serious.
Prakash later said he sat near the door as the train was overcrowded.
"After I fell, I felt that I was seriously injured...And I would die. I kept crying for help...Till I was overcome by tiredness and thirst...After three hours the rescue team noticed me and I waved my hands...It was a miraculous escape and unforgettable life-time experience," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'