Passenger jumps out of plane
Chennai: A 28-year-old man jumped out of an Air India aircraft through the emergency exit shortly before the passengers were to disembark on landing at the international airport here on Monday.
The flight from Dubai landed and passengers were waiting for the aerobridge to be opened when the man managed to open the emergency exit door and jumped out, airport sources said.
He ran towards the runway and security personnel rushed and took him into custody, they said.
He was identified as Kamal Batcha, a native of Tiruchirappalli, employed as a mechanic in a private company in Dubai, they said.
The man, said to be upset with his job, was let off after an hour-long questioning, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?