Passenger jumps out of plane
Chennai: A 28-year-old man jumped out of an Air India aircraft through the emergency exit shortly before the passengers were to disembark on landing at the international airport here on Monday.
The flight from Dubai landed and passengers were waiting for the aerobridge to be opened when the man managed to open the emergency exit door and jumped out, airport sources said.
He ran towards the runway and security personnel rushed and took him into custody, they said.
He was identified as Kamal Batcha, a native of Tiruchirappalli, employed as a mechanic in a private company in Dubai, they said.
The man, said to be upset with his job, was let off after an hour-long questioning, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam