Passenger jumps out of plane
Chennai: A 28-year-old man jumped out of an Air India aircraft through the emergency exit shortly before the passengers were to disembark on landing at the international airport here on Monday.
The flight from Dubai landed and passengers were waiting for the aerobridge to be opened when the man managed to open the emergency exit door and jumped out, airport sources said.
He ran towards the runway and security personnel rushed and took him into custody, they said.
He was identified as Kamal Batcha, a native of Tiruchirappalli, employed as a mechanic in a private company in Dubai, they said.
The man, said to be upset with his job, was let off after an hour-long questioning, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read