Passenger jumps out of plane
Chennai: A 28-year-old man jumped out of an Air India aircraft through the emergency exit shortly before the passengers were to disembark on landing at the international airport here on Monday.
The flight from Dubai landed and passengers were waiting for the aerobridge to be opened when the man managed to open the emergency exit door and jumped out, airport sources said.
He ran towards the runway and security personnel rushed and took him into custody, they said.
He was identified as Kamal Batcha, a native of Tiruchirappalli, employed as a mechanic in a private company in Dubai, they said.
The man, said to be upset with his job, was let off after an hour-long questioning, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?