Pattern in attacks on Hindu leaders in Tamil Nadu: Naidu
Chennai: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader M Venkaiah Naidu Sunday said there is a pattern to the attacks on party leaders and members of other Hindu outfits in Tamil Nadu.
He welcomed the setting up of a special team to investigate the murder of party`s state leader V Ramesh.
Speaking to reporters here, Naidu alleged some fundamentalist forces may be behind the attacks on BJP and Hindu Munnani leaders in Tamil Nadu and "there seems to be a pattern in these attacks".
According to him the recurrent killings of BJP and other Hindu outfit leaders in the state showed that these were not isolated incidents.
Naidu said Tamil Nadu Police should take it as a challenge to solve the political murders.
Ramesh, 52, a chartered accountant, was hacked to death by four men Friday night at Salem, around 340 km from Chennai.
The BJP leader also took the central government to task on several issues and added that the United Progressive Alliance was misusing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
He alleged that the virtual clean chit given to Mulayam Singh Yadav by the CBI in an illegal assets case was in exchange for the Samajwadi Party`s support to the food security bill to be introduced in the ensuing parliament session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead