Perpetrators of violence are DMK councillors: Jaya
Chennai: Coming down heavily on the law and order situation in DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu, AIADMK chief
Jayalalithaa today alleged that those who indulged in violence have become DMK councillors.
Addressing an election meeting here, she said the violent scenes public sees in films are a reality in Tamil Nadu under DMK rule.
She said if AIADMK was voted to power, the focus would be on violence-free rule, steps to bring down price rise and make the state free of power cuts.
She also highlighted the Veeranam project built during her tenure, which she claimed had solved the drinking water problem in Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam