Perpetrators of violence are DMK councillors: Jaya
Chennai: Coming down heavily on the law and order situation in DMK-ruled Tamil Nadu, AIADMK chief
Jayalalithaa today alleged that those who indulged in violence have become DMK councillors.
Addressing an election meeting here, she said the violent scenes public sees in films are a reality in Tamil Nadu under DMK rule.
She said if AIADMK was voted to power, the focus would be on violence-free rule, steps to bring down price rise and make the state free of power cuts.
She also highlighted the Veeranam project built during her tenure, which she claimed had solved the drinking water problem in Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened